Monday, 4 July 2011

Week 9 at CME

This week I have been mainly doing the usual admin related jobs but I have also done a few new things. On Thursday I got to help out with teaching some guitar to one of the students that comes here weekly. I love teaching and playing guitar so I found this really fun.
The day after I went to a workshop I hadn’t been to before in Sprowston. This workshop was for elderly people with disabilities such as Alzheimer’s and was the largest group I had seen in a workshop so far. The activities consisted of things such letting everyone have a go on the instruments and passing them round the circle, and variations on this such as having people stop and start at different times. There was also a bit at the end where everyone got into small groups and took it in turns to play as bands.
I enjoyed going to this workshop and thought all the participants there were really nice and I am looking forward to going to the next one.

No comments:

Post a Comment