Monday, 4 July 2011

Week 12 at CME

This week as well as the usual jobs I was also given the task of working out how much it costs to put on a workshop. To do this I had to work out the amount of time it takes to organise everything, (booking tutors, a van, the venue etc.) travel time, and also do the actual workshop. I then worked out all the costs, (staff time, tutor time, promotion etc.) based on this. I then put all the information on to a spread sheet and worked out how much time and money is needed in total, and how much the students would need to be charged to cover the costs and also how much they would need to be charged to make a 10% profit.
I enjoyed doing this as it gave me a better insight into how everything works and how businesses in general operate. I also found that I am quite good at doing this sort of thing and Liz who does a lot of the financial work here said I should consider going into that sort of work. I would however, much prefer doing something practical such as teaching, but it is good to know that if I need to do that sort of work in the future, I will have the skills to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment