Monday, 4 July 2011

Week 14 at CME

This week we did a “Junk Workshop” at the forum in Norwich. Before doing this Tom and I had to go into the city to buy the junk we would be using. We had to find cheap objects from charity shops which would have a good sound when hit. This proved to be surprisingly difficult, only finding the odd thing here and there, until we came to the last shop to look in, where we found 90% of the things we needed.
The next day we took all the junk up to the Forum and made some music with it. We played twice (once at the start of the day and once at the end) and the second time went a lot better than the first. The idea was to show people that you can make music out of pretty much anything, even if you can’t afford loads of expensive equipment, and to get people to join in with playing (which a lot more people did the second time round).
I enjoyed the day doing the junk workshop lots as I got to be outside and playing music. I wasn’t sure exactly how it was going to go playing to lots of people with no rehearsed music, but we jammed out some good stuff and everything went well.

No comments:

Post a Comment