Thursday, 19 May 2011

Working at CME – Week 7

I really enjoyed this week. The main thing that I have been doing is writing and recording a new song aimed at a different age group to the last one we did. The theme of this song is animals in the jungle and hunters. Because it is set in the jungle I programmed some tribal sounding drums into Logic to give it that sort of feel. For the guitar parts I used my guitar FX unit so I could get some atmospheric sounds and used the Phrygian scale for the main riff to get a scary sound to represent the hunters. Although it isn’t finished yet we plan on making the song quite long and progressive sounding so it can be used in workshops of mixed age ranges (lyrics and story for the younger kids, and music to interest the older ones).
I also had a meeting with Paul Weston at Access to Music college to talk about what I want to get out of the job here. I am pretty set on becoming a guitar teacher so he has arranged for me to get some free guitar lessons. Also I will get to go on a course in London specifically for guitar teachers, as well as sometimes going along to watch the lessons at Access to Music, and also get some free piano lessons! Obviously I am really happy about all of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment