Monday, 11 April 2011

Working at CME - Week 3

I have just finished my third week working at CME and I am still enjoying it and learning new things. On Monday I learned how to use a program called Windows Movie Maker. The week before, Tom and I made a song on the recording program “Garage Band”. We had already made a jazz song with real instruments on it, so this time we decided to make a techno song using samples already on there. We used Windows Movie Maker to put images of us working on the song, and changed the pictures in time with the music. We also took about 80 pictures of us doing a “robot dance” and changed them in quick succession to give it a kind of stop motion effect. We thought this would suit the style of music well.
Using windows movie maker.








The day after we did some of the usual stuff, but we also learned how to use a new recording program – “Logic”. Logic is pretty much the same as Garage Band except you get a lot more options (and it is a little bit harder to use). One of the things I liked about Logic is the way you can program drums. You basically open it up and assign different drums, (snare, cymbals, etc.) to different notes of the keyboard. I would probably get Logic for my own use at home except you can only get it on Mac and I have a PC, so I have decided to get a similar program instead called Cubase.
Using the recording program Logic








Later on in the week we were assigned the task of making a children’s song. We wrote a song about a bumblebee that was really happy. It didn’t have many lyrics so the kids would be able to sing along easily, and the music was in 4/4 time signature, at medium tempo in C Major so it was easy to listen to.
Writing a children's song on keyboard

No comments:

Post a Comment